July 15th, 2020
An Elopement is all about love, elegance , and romance – and it is just perfect for two. I personally love Elopements so much – especially when I talk about locations in Lake Como! From my point of view, couples get the chance to really sharing their day, and do everything they want whenever they feel like doing it. Lake Como gives a wide range of luxury wedding venues for a classy elegant wedding.
Here some advice and tips for Eloping to Lake Como:
- The best time to get married at Lake Como is between May and October . July and August can be very very warm. For afternoon / evening receptions try to have the ceremony after 4.30 pm.
- In the case of bad weather, know what your plan B is. Lake Como is a lake generated from the Alps, so summer showers can happen. Make sure you have a planner who helps plan for weather problems.
- Have a set date in mind? Expect to book your location and wedding planner around 1 year in advance. After the COVID-19 you have to be flexible with the date, many weddings have been postponed to 2021 and 2022. If you’re flexible with the date, you’ll have more flexibility within a shorter time frame.
- Larger weddings might require guests to be split across a number of smaller hotels. Apart from Como and Cernobbio, Lake Como is surrounded by small villages. While there are many hotels and accommodation possibilities they are not very big – if you have a large group you will have to split them into a couple of hotels.
- Remember to plan shuttle services for your guests. Most of the beautiful villas are on the shores of the lake and don’t have much space parking or don’t have a land access for guests. Make sure you allocate budget for this service.
- With a smaller wedding party, you have the opportunity to make the day your own. With less than 50 guests to think about, it’s possible to create bespoke touches (stunning flower arrangements, enchanting wedding stationery and a detailed wedding table, etc.) within your wedding budget.
- Outdoor music and dancing is allowed till midnight, after that you can dance the night away …. indoors!
- Lake Como is an aristocratic retreat: ouple this with your guests list and you should be able to know the cost per head. This will come in useful when thinking about wedding venues: if you’re planning a wedding within a limited budget, remember that in this part of Italy you will find some of the most expensive villas in Italy.
- Many villas are direct on the waters: a glamour wedding in Lake Como cannot miss a boat tour: this is simply perfect to present your guests with amazing activity or to provide you with a fairy tale backdrop for your wedding photo shooting at sunset. Reach the venue by boat? These are just a few samples to add a wow effect to your wedding on Lake Como.
I would be more than happy to assist you to plan your Elopement!