26 July 2019
I remember that for planning my marriage I had an invaluable ally: my Moleskine agenda”Yes I do”(a beautiful gift from my husband). I always had my checklist at hand and I could face this new adventure staying on top of things.
We started designing “the great day” 10 months earlier.
This is the trace of our planning that was fundamental to organize the wedding in the best possible way.
12 – 6 months before
- definition of the type of marriage (civil, religious or free ritual)
- set a budget (we have used a specific Excel table)
- choose the wedding date and start setting up a first guest list
- choose witnesses
- select and option the wedding location (on Lake Como you have to hurry to reserve a villa because there are many requests from May to September!)
- choose the wedding gown (in the most renowned Italian wedding atelier they often organize the so called special days with discounts on the collections that will released after 8-9 months)
6 – 5 month before
- choose and book wedding caterer
- book wedding photographer, video maker and music artists
- define the wedding guest list
- adjust and update the budget with all expenses
- prepare and send save-the-date cards
- order and print the invitations
- plan and book the honeymoon
- choose the favors: if you don’t want to be the usual boring ones, you need to move in time to be able to customize and prepare them
- organize parking and shuttles for guest transportation (some villas do not have parking spaces or the number of places is limited)
- define a wedding list or open and account for the honeymoon
4 – 3 months before
- choose the groom’s suit
- define the wedding menu and set a date for a tasting with the catering service
- choose and book the wedding cake
- select and lock a wedding supplier (church decorations, altar, gazebo, wedding table, bridal bouquet, etc.)
- book babysitting and / or dogsitting service
- choose wedding rings
- collect adresses to send out the wedding invitations
- sketch the wedding menu card
- wedding dress fitting
- buy the undergarments and bridal shoes
2 – 1 month before
- wedding make-up and hairstyle trial
- update guests confirmation list
- wedding dress fitting
- pick-up of the groom’s suit
- define the global wedding scenery
- select the music (ceremony, aperitif, lunch / dinner, disco / dance music, possibly special guests)
- last agreements with the catering (number of guests, children’s menu vegetarians, vegans or allergies)
- collect wedding rings
2 weeks before
- final wedding dress fitting
- table seating plan and layout
- last confirmations with all wedding suppliers
1 week before
- pick up wedding dress
- confirm the final number of guests
- beautician, bridal manicure and pedicure
- massages, wellness, spa to relax before the big day (I warmly recommend it!)
The wedding day
Enjoy your day to the fullest!
Arranging a wedding in Italy is an unforgettable experience, but making it effective and peaceful often becomes very complicated and challenging.
The planning period of a wedding is indeed the most exciting and you can live it quietly by relying on my expertise.
Contact me for without obligation for a first interview. I will be able to understand how the future spouses want to ralize their project to transform it into the most beautiful and unforgettable day of their life.